French fries are a staple of fast food traditionally deep-fried in a large vat of oil. As the popular and delicious curbside snack served on the food cart, they have earned many people’s sight and stomach. So don’t hesitate to offer the golden French fries on your food cart.
How to Make Perfect French Fries
Ingredients (Servings: 8)
5 pounds potatoes, vegetable or peanut oil for frying, sea salt
1. Peel and rinse the potatoes; cut them into even-sized sticks
2. Put them in a bowl and cover with cold water for 2-3 hours to release the starch
3. Drain off the water and dry the potato sticks by paper towels
4. Heat a few inches of oil in a heavy pot to 300 degrees; in 3-4 batches, fry the potatoes until they are soft and brown
5. Drain the fried potatoes on new paper towels
6. After all the potatoes are fired at 300 degrees, heat the oil to 400 degrees and re-fry the potatoes again until they are golden and crispy
7. Sprinkle the fries with sea salt
8. Ready to serve.