Flexible and easy to make, lasagna may be a good choice for your food cart business and since your business is a mobile cart, there is no specific location for it but you could let it pass by highly populated area like mall fronts, parks, schools, and beach. You could also convert your mobile lasagna food cart into a lasagna stand. Compared to a stand, a mobile cart has a lot of benefits. This is much better than a store with a fixed location because you can certainly transport your products to a place where it is highly in demand. Of course, the profit has a huge potential to grow especially during peak mealtime.
Maybe you can try this world’s best lasagna on your food cart.
12 lasagna noodles, 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, 3/4 pound lean ground beef, 16 ounce ricotta cheese, 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup minced onion, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 28 ounce crushed tomato, 6 ounce tomato paste, 6.5 ounce tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp white sugar, 1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook sausage, beef, onion and garlic (until well browned) over medium heat; add and well mix crushed tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water; add sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp parsley; cover and simmer about 1 and a half hrs, stir occasionally.
2. Cook lasagna noodles in boiled and lightly-salted water for 8-10 mins; drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
3. Mix ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley and 1/2 tsp salt.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Spread 1 1/2 cup meat sauce in the bottom of a baking dish; set 6 noodles over meat sauce; spread a half of ricotta cheese mixture; top with 1/3 mozzarella cheese slices; spread the remaining meat sauce over mozzarella and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; spread the rest noodles and top with the rest mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; cover with foil and make sure the foil does touch the cheese to prevent sticking.
6. Bake for 25 mins; then remove foil and bake another 25 mins;
7. Cool and serve.